International House offers private and small group Spanish classes in Vancouver, to both adults and children. International House Vancouver’s Spanish lessons aim to deliver practical knowledge and Spanish speaking skills. Our Spanish courses are taught with a communicative approach and offer unmatched learning and knowledge. IH’s Spanish classes are of the highest quality that focus on all the primary language skills.
Enrich Your Life, Learn Spanish with Us!
Spanish is the fastest growing language in the world. It is quickly becoming an essential language for business and travel.
Our experienced teachers will help you learn this beautiful “lengua”. You will develop fluency in practical terminologies and phrases, simple to complex sentence patterns, pronunciation rules, verbs and tenses, and much more.
If you already know some Spanish, our free language assessment will gauge your ability and place you in the right level. Call us at 604-739-9836 or email us at email@example.com for more information.
All Courses Work on the Same Principles
- Small classes (maximum 10 students) led by instructors who are native speakers
- A communicative approach to instruction with an emphasis on practical language that you will be able to use from the very first day of your stay abroad
- Encouragement so that you can learn to speak in a variety of situations with ease and confidence
- Targeted practice to quickly improve your knowledge of grammar and structure
Topics are based on everyday and practical situations. You learn through interactive exercises and engaging discussions to help build a strong foundation. Approximately 60% – 70% is devoted to productive conversation skills and 30% – 40% on written skills. Classes include pronunciation rules and drills, vocabulary, verbs, useful phrases, sentence patterns, and grammar. Low cost course materials are purchased separately.
The focus is on speaking and listening. You will learn vocabulary and sentences related to the topic of the day. (Recommended for students who already have a solid foundation. Beginners should take a General course first).
Courses are 8 weeks long with the following exceptions:
- Statutory holidays – a make-up class will be scheduled on the first day
- Intensive courses
- November to December courses that are marked with an asterisk * are 7 weeks long due to Christmas.
General (GEN): 4 skills integrated (listening, reading, writing, speaking)
|GEN||1||Mon||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||Apr 29 – Jun 17*||$220||Contact us!|
|GEN||3||Mon||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||Apr 29 – Jun 17*||$220||Contact us!|
|GEN||4||Tue||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||Apr 30 – Jun 18||$220||Contact us!|
|GEN||7||Tue||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||Apr 30 – Jun 18||$220||Contact us!|
|GEN||Intermediate||Thu||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||May 2 – Jun 20||$220||Contact us!|
*A make up class will be scheduled in lieu of Victoria Day (May 20th)