International House offers private and small group Punjabi classes in Vancouver, to both adults and children. International House Vancouver’s Punjabi lessons aim to deliver practical knowledge and Punjabi speaking skills. Our Punjabi courses are taught with a communicative approach and offer unmatched learning and knowledge. IH’s Punjabi classes are of the highest quality that focuses on all the primary language skills.
Enrich Your Life, Learn Punjabi with Us!
Punjabi is the 10th most spoken language in the world and the second most spoken language in Vancouver. Punjabi is one of the largest heritage languages in Canada, spoken around the dinner table in many families. IH Vancouver is excited to now offer lessons in Punjabi.
If you already know some Punjabi, our free language assessment will gauge your ability and place you in the right level. Call us at 604-739-9836 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All Courses Work on the Same Principles
- Small classes (maximum 10 students) led by instructors who are native speakers
- A communicative approach to instruction with an emphasis on practical language that you will be able to use from the very first day of your stay abroad
- Encouragement so that you can learn to speak in a variety of situations with ease and confidence
- Targeted practice to quickly improve your knowledge of grammar and structure
Topics are based on everyday and practical situations. You learn through interactive exercises and engaging discussions to help build a strong foundation. Approximately 60% – 70% is devoted to productive conversation skills and 30% – 40% on written skills. Classes include pronunciation rules and drills, vocabulary, verbs, useful phrases, sentence patterns, and grammar. Low cost course materials are purchased separately.
The focus is on speaking and listening. You will learn vocabulary and sentences related to the topic of the day. (Recommended for students who already have a solid foundation. Beginners should take a General course first).
Courses are 8 weeks long with the following exceptions:
- Statutory holidays – a make-up class will be scheduled on the first day
- Intensive courses
- November to December courses that are marked with an asterisk * are 7 weeks long due to Christmas.
General (GEN): 4 skills included (listening, reading, writing, speaking)
|GEN||1||Thu||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||Mar 7 – Apr 25||$199||Contact us!|
|GEN||2||Wed||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||Mar 6 – Apr 24||$199||Contact us!|
|GEN||3||Mon||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||Mar 4 – Apr 22||$199||Contact us!|
|GEN||6||Tue||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||Mar 5 – Apr 23||$199||Contact us!|
* Session B will consist of 6 classes. No classes between March 18th and March 29th.
** Fee and material included in price.
*** Minimum number of students for a 2 hour class is 4 (in case of 3 registered students in a group, the class will be reduced to 90 minutes).