As a well known Mandarin school in Vancouver, International House Vancouver offers private and small group Mandarin lessons to adults and children. International House Vancouver’s Mandarin classes aim to deliver practical knowledge and speaking skills. Our Mandarin courses are taught with a communicative approach and offer unmatched learning and knowledge. IH’s Mandarin lessons in Vancouver and other modern languages programs are of the highest quality that focus on all the primary language skills.
Enrich Your Life, Learn Mandarin with Us!
One of the world’s most intriguing, oldest, and widely spoken languages. Learn “Pinyin” in our beginner level to master pronunciation, and quickly progress to more sophisticated conversations at the next levels.
International House Vancouver Mandarin classes help you meet the challenges of learning Mandarin through a variety of interactive exercises and discussions.
If you already know some Mandarin, our free language assessment will gauge your ability and place you in the right level. Call us at 604-739-9836 or email us here or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All Courses Work on the Same Principles
- Small classes (maximum 10 students) led by instructors who are native speakers
- A communicative approach to instruction with an emphasis on practical language that you will be able to use from the very first day of your stay abroad
- Encouragement so that you can learn to speak in a variety of situations with ease and confidence
- Targeted practice to quickly improve your knowledge of grammar and structure
Topics are based on everyday and practical situations. You learn through interactive exercises and engaging discussions to help build a strong foundation. Approximately 60% – 70% is devoted to productive conversation skills and 30% – 40% on written skills. Classes include pronunciation rules and drills, vocabulary, verbs, useful phrases, sentence patterns, and grammar. Low cost course materials are purchased separately.
The focus is on speaking and listening. You will learn vocabulary and sentences related to the topic of the day. (Recommended for students who already have a solid foundation. Beginners should take a General course first).
Courses are 8 weeks long with the following exceptions:
- Statutory holidays – a make-up class will be scheduled on the first day
- Intensive courses
- November to December courses that are marked with an asterisk * are 7 weeks long due to Christmas.
Conversation General (CG)
General & Conversation Combined (GCC)
Advanced General Seminar (AGS)
|GEN||1||Tue||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||May 1 – Jun 19||$220||Enroll|
|GEN||2||Wed||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||May 2 – Jun 20||$220||Enroll|
|GEN||3||Thur||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||May 3 – Jun 21||$220||Enroll|
|GEN||4||Tue||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||May 1 – Jun 19||$220||Enroll|
|GEN||19||Wed||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||May 2 – Jun 20||$220||Enroll|