As a well known French school in Vancouver BC, the International House Vancouver Department of Modern Languages offers private and small group French classes in Vancouver, to both adults and children. International House Vancouver’s French lessons aim to deliver practical knowledge and French speaking skills. Our French courses in Vancouver are taught with a communicative approach and offer unmatched learning and knowledge. IH’s French classes in Vancouver and other modern languages programs are of the highest quality that focus on all the primary language skills. Learn French in Vancouver at International House Vancouver.
Enrich Your Life, Learn French with Us!
“The language of love.” French is better described as the language of business and diplomacy. It is the official language of many countries across Europe and Africa, and of international institutions such as Interpol and the United Nations.
International House’s Vancouver French classes will help you learn this amazing language and introduce you to its fascinating culture.
If you already know some French, our free language assessment will gauge your ability and place you in the right level. Contact us at 604-739-9836 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All Courses Work on the Same Principles
- Small classes (maximum 10 students) led by instructors who are native speakers
- A communicative approach to instruction with an emphasis on practical language that you will be able to use from the very first day of your stay abroad
- Encouragement so that you can learn to speak in a variety of situations with ease and confidence
- Targeted practice to quickly improve your knowledge of grammar and structure
Topics are based on everyday and practical situations. You learn through interactive exercises and engaging discussions to help build a strong foundation. Approximately 60% – 70% is devoted to productive conversation skills and 30% – 40% on written skills. Classes include pronunciation rules and drills, vocabulary, verbs, useful phrases, sentence patterns, and grammar. Low cost course materials are purchased separately.
The focus is on speaking and listening. You will learn vocabulary and sentences related to the topic of the day. (Recommended for students who already have a solid foundation. Beginners should take a General course first).
Courses are 8 weeks long with the following exceptions:
- Statutory holidays – a make-up class will be scheduled on the first day
- Intensive courses
- November to December courses that are marked with an asterisk * are 7 weeks long due to Christmas.
Conversation General (CG)
General & Conversation Combined (GCC)
Advanced General Seminar (AGS)
|GEN||2||Tue||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||Sep 4 – Oct 23||$220||Enroll|
|GEN||3||Thu||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||Sep 6 – Oct 25||$220||Enroll|
|GEN||4||Wed||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||Sep 5 – Oct 24||$220||Enroll|
|GEN||5||Wed||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||Sep 5 – Oct 24||$220||Enroll|
|GEN||8||Mon||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||Sep 10 – Oct 22*||$220||Enroll|
|AGS||Wed||4:00 pm – 6:00 pm||Sep 5 – Oct 24||$220||Enroll|
* 2make up class in-lieu of Sep 3rd and Oct 8th.