International House offers private and small group Russian classes in Vancouver, to both adults and children. International House Vancouver’s Russian lessons aim to deliver practical knowledge and Russian speaking skills. Our Russian courses are taught with a communicative approach and offer unmatched learning and knowledge. IH’s Russian classes are of the highest quality that focuses on all the primary language skills.
Enrich Your Life, Learn Russian with Us!
Russian is the one of the most widely spoken languages in the world. At IHV Modern Languages, you can learn Russian culture and improve your professional network with a variety of different career opportunities. You will develop fluency in practical terminologies and phrases, simple to complex sentence patterns, pronunciation rules, verbs and tenses, and much more.
If you already know some Russian, our free language assessment will gauge your ability and place you in the right level. Call us at 604-739-9836 or email us at email@example.com for more information.
All Courses Work on the Same Principles
- Small classes (maximum 10 students) led by instructors who are native speakers
- A communicative approach to instruction with an emphasis on practical language that you will be able to use from the very first day of your stay abroad
- Encouragement so that you can learn to speak in a variety of situations with ease and confidence
- Targeted practice to quickly improve your knowledge of grammar and structure
Topics are based on everyday and practical situations. You learn through interactive exercises and engaging discussions to help build a strong foundation. Approximately 60% – 70% is devoted to productive conversation skills and 30% – 40% on written skills. Classes include pronunciation rules and drills, vocabulary, verbs, useful phrases, sentence patterns, and grammar. Low cost course materials are purchased separately.
The focus is on speaking and listening. You will learn vocabulary and sentences related to the topic of the day. (Recommended for students who already have a solid foundation. Beginners should take a General course first).
Courses are 8 weeks long with the following exceptions:
- Statutory holidays – a make-up class will be scheduled on the first day
- Intensive courses
- November to December courses that are marked with an asterisk * are 7 weeks long due to Christmas.
Conversation General (CG)
General & Conversation Combined (GCC)
Advanced General Seminar (AGS)
Intermediate Conversation Seminar (ICS)
|GEN||1||Thu||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm||Mar 8 – Apr 26||$220||Enroll|